Membership is free and available to permanent residents of the Shire of Manjimup. As a Library member, you can access over two million books, photos, artworks, documents, maps, manuscripts and more when you visit the library. Members can also log in to thousands of online databases, journals, magazines, ebooks and newspapers from around the world. Become a member of the Library today by applying for a library card.
Becoming a member
On your first visit to the Library:
- come to the Library circulation desk;
- bring two forms of identification: a personal ID and a proof of address;
- confirm you have read and agree to abide by the terms and conditions; and
- complete the membership form (if you wish, this can be downloaded and completed in advance to save time).
Adult Library members can borrow 4 items for 2 weeks and Junior Library members may borrow 3 items for 2 weeks.
This is an option for those who wish to join but are not residents of the Shire of Manjimup. A refundable deposit of $50 is required along with a completed membership form. This deposit will be refunded by the Shire of Manjimup when either
- proof of a current Shire of Manjimup residential address is supplied to staff; or
- the borrower is leaving the Shire and presents the library with their library card and the receipt issued at time of deposit.
Temporary Library membership entitles you to borrow up to 4 items for 2 weeks.
Your library card - your responsibility
Library cards remain the property of the Library at all times. It is your responsibility to take proper care of it. You need to bring your card with you each time you visit the Library.
Please inform us if you:
- change your address or contact details (so that we can update your user record);
- lose your card (so that it can be cancelled and a new one issued); or
- forget your card (speak to the staff at the Library circulation desk).
Replacement cards can be issued at a cost of $2.00. You cannot borrow from the Library without your card.