Quinninup is located 30 km south of Manjimup. The period 1910 to 1920 saw the continuation of development in the Warren district. The timber industry became firmly established and the population of the district increased further.
Quinninup Group Settlement 119 consisted of 17 families who arrived in May 1924. They lived in shacks just off the Wheatley Coast Road, which was one of the stock routes used to drive cattle and sheep to the coast for summer feed.
The settlement is a former timber mill site and the quaint cottages now house local residents and the area is increasing in demand as a quiet residential area around Karri Lake and among native forests.