To be eligible to vote in local government elections, you need to be either a resident, an eligible non-resident owner or non-resident occupier of rateable property in the Shire of Manjimup or a nominee of a body corporate that owns or occupies rateable property in the district or ward. You must also be correctly enrolled to vote in State or Commonwealth elections and be at least 18 years of age on election day.
- Residents: A person who lives at an address in a Shire of Manjimup ward and is correctly enrolled on the State roll for that address is a resident of the district and automatically enrolled to vote in the ward. To check that your enrolment is up to date, contact the WA Electoral Commission www.waec.wa.gov.au or phone 13 63 06. Enrolment forms may be obtained from our Administration Centre, any Post Office or from the WA Electoral Commission.
- Non-resident owners and non-resident occupiers of rateable property: Non-resident owners and non-resident occupiers of rateable propertyare not automatically enrolled. Non-residents who wish to vote in local government elections or Corporate bodies who wish to nominate people as nominees should apply to the Chief Executive Officer. Enrolment Eligibility Claim forms may be obtained from our Administration Centre, or downloaded from the Dept of Local Government’s website.
Links to forms on Dept of Local Government website
- Form 2: Enrolment Eligibility Claim
- Form 2a: Enrolment Eligibility Claim - Modified for body corporates
- Form 2b: Enrolment Eligibility Claim - Modified for co-owners and co-occupiers
- Form 12: Application for Postal Voting Papers
Post your completed Enrolment Eligibility Claim form and/or Application for Postal Voting Papers to:
Shire of Manjimup
PO Box 1
MANJIMUP WA 6258
Available from the Dept of Local Government’s website: www.dlgrd.wa.gov.au or phone Gail Duns (Executive Assistant) or Jeremy Hubble (CEO) on (08) 9771 7777, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.