All semi trailers are permitted to drive on any road within the Shire of Manjimup, however permit type vehicles, eg "B" doubles, dog and trailer; road trains etc; are only permitted on roads which have been approved by Council for that particular use.
If the road you wish to use is on the current approved list then you can proceed by applying directly to Main Roads WA Heavy Vehicle Operations for your permit.
If the road you wish to use is not on the approved list, you will need to do the following:
1. Forward in writing to a Technical Services Department officer, the roads, purpose and route you wish to take, the period of the operation, the tonnage per trip, the type of vehicle you wish to use and the amount of trips intended.
2. Include all the vehicle types and registration numbers for the prime mover and trailers.
3. Once this information is received, the Manager Technical Services will inspect the road/s and if found suitable the application will proceed.
4. A temporary permit (not to exceed 12 months) will be issued and signed off by the Chief Executive Officer, a letter and a copy of the permit, including Council's list of standard conditions, will then be forwarded to Main Roads WA Heavy Vehicle Operations.
5. The original permit will then be returned with a copy of the letter to Main Roads WA, and then it is your responsibility to make contact with Main Roads WA to have the road/s included on your vehicle permits.
Special care should be taken on all roads but particular note is made of roads that may be school bus routes. Council tries to determine the school bus routes from each school each year and include this information on the approved roads list. Council's standard conditions include a clause that if a gravel road is both a school bus route and a permit route then the school bus has right of way with all permit vehicles being required to not operate on the road for the period that the school bus may be using it. Failure to comply with this condition will result in the approval being withdrawn.
Heavy Haulage Roads