SCHOOL BUS ROUTES / STOPS / Stops
Should you wish to have a closer bus service to your property, you should first contact the School Bus Coordinator located at the Manjimup Senior High School on 9771 1466, who will inform you of what is required.
Should you wish to have a new bus stop or improve an existing bus stop on existing school bus routes then contact an officer from the Technical Services department and the following will occur:
1. You will be required to provide the exact location of the school bus stop and on what road. (Provide a plan if possible.)
2. The officer will make contact with you to arrange a suitable time for an onsite inspection.
3. Are there any special requirements your child may need (i.e. is he/she disabled).
4. Following the onsite inspection, the officer will contact the School Bus Coordinator who will need to confirm the location with the School Bus Operator, prior to giving approval for the construction.
5. Once the School Bus Operator has consented to the stop and its location, you will be advised how to construct the bus stop and that you are responsible for the cost.
6. Following its completion, you will need to advise the officer, who will again inspect the school bus stop, then advise the School Bus Coordinator that it has been approved.
The school bus stop will be sited in a practical location with clear sight line distances of 220 metres in accordance with Main Roads WA guidelines. If these distances are attained, no advanced warning signs will be necessary.