KidSport enables eligible Western Australian children aged 5-18 years to participate in community sport and recreation by offering them financial assistance towards club fees.
Changes to KidSport
- As of 1 August 2017, uniform and equipment costs will no longer be eligible for KidSport funding.
- KidSport no longer has referral agents. Applicants not listed on a valid concession card need to meet one of the new KidSport Financial Exceptions.
KidSport Financial Exceptions
Families who do not have a concession card but are experiencing significant financial hardship, as a result of an unforeseen situation, may apply for a financial exception through a KidSport Financial Assessor. The Department's four KidSport exceptions are:
- Sudden loss of employment and subsequent income from the main income earner of the family. This does not include voluntary unemployment or circumstances where a redundancy payment has been received.
- Death or serious illness of a parent/guardian causing significant impact on the household income.
- Fire, flood or other natural disaster causing significant impact on the household's financial situation.
- Situations when the child has been placed into care (of the State, foster or extended family) and the relevant concession cards are unavailable.
If you meet any of the exceptions you can apply for KidSport through a KidSport Financial Assessor which are located at all Shire's Community Resource Centre's, excluding Manjimup.
Applying for KidSport online
Parents/Guardians with a current Health Care or Pensioner Concession Card should apply online for KidSport.
For those who don't have access to a computer, the Public Libraries and Community Resource Centres in Manjimup, Pemberton, Northcliffe and Walpole all have computers for the public to utilise and can also assist with the copying/scanning of concession cards. There is also be a computer available at the Shire of Manjimup Administration Office.
Prior to completing the KidSport online application process below, please ensure you have an electronic copy of your Health Care / Pensioner Concession Card (scanned or photographed copy is fine). The file can then be uploaded onto the online form in any of the following formats – .doc,.docx,.pdf,.png,.jpg,.jpeg (Max: 5 MB).
If you are unsure of the any of the steps below, please see the 'KidSport online application – frequently asked questions'.
- Go to the Department of Local Government, Sport & Cultural Industries (formally known as Department of Sport & Recreation) homepage and click on the KidSport link on the right hand side – www.dsr.wa.gov.au.
- On the KidSport homepage, click on the 'Apply for KidSport online' link, to open online form.
- At the top of the page, make sure you mark whether you have received KidSport before.
- Complete each field in the online form, including the details of the child, parent/guardian, club and the amount being requested for KidSport. Please note:
- It is important that all details are entered accurately, particularly the first name, last name, suburb and date of birth of the child.
- After selecting the club, the membership fee structures provided by the club will appear. Based on the figures listed, you can then indicate the amount you are requesting for KidSport, up to $200. This amount can be lower than the amount listed, per age group, as you can always apply for a second sport later in the year.
5. Upload the electronic copy of your Health Care or Pensioner Concession Card.
6. Once all information has been entered, please scroll up and re-check all details have been entered correctly. Once this has been completed, click the 'submit' button.
7. A new page will appear confirming that your KidSport application has been submitted.
8. An automated confirmation of application will also be sent through to the email address that you provided in the form. If you do not receive this email after a few hours, please contact the Shire of Manjimup.
9. The Shire of Manjimup will assess the application and inform you, via email, if it has been approved or rejected.
For all enquiries please contact the KidSport Officer at the Shire of Manjimup on 9771 7777 or via email on firstname.lastname@example.org.