Noise and nuisances


The Shire of Manjimup will respond to most forms of noise complaints. You can download a noise complaint form here. But first, read this page to find out your options.

For those complaints relating to parties or where anti-social behaviour is likely, please contact your local police station for assistance.

9771 1000
9776 1202
9840 1618

For complaints in relation to crowing roosters please submit a written complaint detailing why the rooster is affecting your amenity. Download and return the completed noise complaint form to us. Find our contact details here. An Environmental Health Officer can only act on a written complaint.

For complaints in relation to other animal noise please contact the Shire Rangers on 9771 7777.

The noise legislation does provide for exemptions for certain types of noises such as construction noise, festivals, "specified equipment" and traffic noise. For further information on any noise issue, please contact Council’s Environmental Health Officer on 9771 7777.


Public health legislation exists to govern nuisances by way of odour and their potential to be injurious or dangerous to health. This can take the form of malfunctioning septic tank systems, keeping animals in such a way so to create a foul odour or attract pests, as well as any form of accumulation that in itself creates a nuisance or attracts or harbours pests.

Part 5 of the Health Local Laws have been implemented to specifically outline how certain activities may be carried out so as to minimize any potential impact to any neighbouring properties.​
Page reviewed: 11 Dec 2015 1:27pm