Road excavation permits

​If you need to install services for a private property, within a road reserve or under a road, you must obtain Shire approval. The following is required prior to commencing work:

​1.​An onsite inspection with an officer from the Technical Services Department to determine exactly what is required.
​2.​A Road Reserve Excavation Permit is to be completed and submitted to the Shire with a $1000 bond.  The bond is required to ensure that all works are completed to the required standards.
​3.​A declared rare flora and fauna survey is to be completed by a Department of  Biodiversity Conservation and Attractions (DBCA​) officer and will be arranged by the Shire prior to the commencement of any works.
​4.​A traffic management plan is also required to ensure the safety of road users and the public in general.  The traffic management plan ensures that the correct signage is used and that the works are undertaken in the correct manner, particularly regarding the issue of public liability.

Once the works have been completed and reinstatement is to the satisfaction of the Shire, the $500 bond will be refunded in full.

For more information, refer to Council's policy Private Services in Road Reserve.


Page reviewed: 16 Aug 2019 2:54pm