Liquor Licencing

​​Any business that wishes to sell alcohol from it's premises, must first obtain certificates from both Planning and Environmental Health. Once these approvals have been obtained, the applicant can apply to the Department of Racing, Gaming and Liquor for a liquor licence.

There are ten types of liquor licences:

​Casino Liquor Licence​Occasional
​Club/Club Restricted​Producer
​Hotel/Hotel Restricted/Tavern/Tavern Restricted/Small Bar​Restaurant
​Liquor Store​Special Facility

It is important to note the following with regards to liquor licence applications.

  • The premises that the proposed liquor licence will cover, must have planning approval via the development application process.
  • A licenced premises is required to meet the relevant requirements of the Health Act 1911, the Food Act 2008, any written law applying to sewerage or drainage of those premises and the Building Act 2011.
  • A site plan of the premises must be submitted with the application, which clearly defines the licenced area.
  • The licence is issued to an entity; a person, company, association or any such combination.
  • The licence does not 'run' with the land. Therefore, where a business with a licenced premises is sold, the liquor licence must be transferred or a new application made.

Apply for a Certificate

Applications can be made by downloading the application forms for a Section 39 Health Certificate and a Section 40 Planning Certificate.  

Occasional Licences

If your community group is holding a public event and wish to sell or supply alcohol, you will need to apply for an occasional licence through the Department of Racing, Gaming and Liquor.

If the event is on Shire of Manjimup property, such as the Manjimup Town Hall or in a park, you will need to obtain our written approval. If the event is not on Shire of Manjimup property, both the WA Police and the Shire are advised of the application by either the Clerk of Courts or the Department of Racing, Gaming and Liquor and are given the opportunity to provide comment and/or place restrictions on the liquor licence.

To find out more about liquor licencing, go to the Department of Racing, Gaming and Liquor, or contact Planning Services and Environmental Health on 9771 7777.

Page reviewed: 08 Feb 2017 3:08pm