Pensioners and Seniors

If you have a valid Concession Card you could qualify for a rebate or a deferment on paying your rates. You may also be eligible for rebates on your water bill from the Water Corporation.

To qualify, ratepayers must meet all the following criteria:

  • You must be the owner and occupier of the property at 1 July of the financial year being claimed; and
  • You must hold a valid Pensioner Concession Card, State Concession Card, WA Seniors Card or both a WA Seniors Card and Commonwealth Seniors Health Card.

You can apply directly to the Water Corporation on 1300 659 951 or click here to apply online.

Or you can apply to the Shire by downloading & completing this form. We also need a photocopy of the front and back of your card/s.

The Water Corporation and the Shire share the completed forms - you only need to apply once.

To receive your rebate, you must pay your share of the rates and charges by 30 June each year. If you do not pay your rates, you may be eligible to defer the full amount.

If your circumstances change, you must advise us immediately.

Please contact us should you have any questions about your pensioner/senior eligibility.‚Äč

Page reviewed: 18 Mar 2019 3:10pm