The 2019 hard waste collection occurred in May. The 2020 hard waste collection date will be advertised when known.
The Shire of Manjimup provide an annual kerbside hard waste collection in residential areas. Hard waste is defined as furniture and other household goods.
This is a free service provided to residence who receive a weekly bin collection. A total of 3 cubic metres (1m x 1m x 3m) may be collected per property. Kerbside hard waste collection occurs in May each year, exact dates will be advertised closer to the collection.
The service will collect;
- Old furniture
- Air conditioners
- Refrigerators and freezers with doors removed
- Other white goods
- General hard waste such as carpet and lino
The service will not collect;
- Green waste (lawn clippings, limbs, etc.)
- Hazardous material, gas cylinders, asbestos
- General domestic waste (food scraps, etc.)
- Liquid waste (oils, paints, poisons, etc.)
- Building materials (cement, bricks, rubble, etc.)
- Commercial crates (milk/bread pallets, shopping trolleys, etc.)
- Items longer than 2 metres
Hard waste should be put out one week prior to the collection start date in your town. Items are to be placed on the front verge of your property in the safest way possible so that it will not be a danger or inconvenience to others. Properties with more than 3 cubic metres will have to make private arrangements to have their waste removed. Do not place any items out after the collection date for your town as it will not be collected and a litter fine may apply.
Please contact the Waste Management Officer on 9771 7777 should you have any questions.