COVID-19 Update on Waste Services
At present the waste facilities are operating as normal however the following measures are in place.
Waste Facility Protocols
The operation of our waste facilities (Manjimup Recycling & Refuse Centre and the transfer stations at Northcliffe, Pemberton & Walpole) is essential to the public health of all people in the Shire of Manjimup.
As the COVID-19 situation develops it may be necessary to temporarily reduce some of the services each facility usually provides, in order to protect and maintain the highest priority functions of each site. Such measures will be unavoidable, but will be implemented in stages and according to contingency plans. You can assist in the ongoing protection of our waste facility services.
If you visit a waste facility you are required to:
- First question yourself honestly as to whether or not your visit is essential - if it is not, then do not go;
- Prepare your waste so that it can be disposed quickly and efficiently;
- Present the correct money if paying by cash; and
- Follow all instruction regarding separation distances, careful coughing and hand hygiene.
If you have any concerns regarding our waste facilities, telephone the Shire of Manjimup (08) 9771 7777 and ask to speak with the Waste Management Officer.
Kerbside Bin Collection Services
- Ensure your bin lid is completely closed (do not overfill your bin);
- Put your bin out on the kerb the night before (early in the morning maybe too late);
- Leave the bin at the kerb until it is emptied; and
- Return your bin to a secure place when it has been emptied (this may take more than 24 hours).
- Tip Shops will not be available for browsing or for purchases
- The public must comply fully with this notice and not ask site personnel for access to Tip Shops
Waste Management Services is part of Technical Services and manages waste collection (including domestic and recycling), waste disposal sites (compliance and regulations) and out of town street and ablution facilities cleaning contracts.
The Waste Management Officer supervises collection and waste disposal site contracts and staff, provides information on waste diversion and recycling (including worm farms and composting).
For enquires about waste collection and disposal, recycling, waste diversion, worm farms, general bin collection, out of town ablution facilities and waste disposal sites check out the links below or contact the Waste Management Officer on 9771 7777.