In accordance with Council’s priorities and the community's aspirations, an Arts & Culture Strategic Plan for the Shire of Manjimup was developed in 2013. The Plan seeks to investigate the true and rich multicultural heritage of our community.
The Shire’s role in arts and culture is to support:
- Arts and cultural skills, knowledge and industry development opportunities;
- Festivals, celebrations and commemorative events, for enjoyment by both local residents and visitors;
- The preservation of local natural, Indigenous and culturally diverse heritage;
- Integrated urban planning and design, including streetscapes and public open space;
- Public art; and
- Community engagement in cultural planning.