Seeking Expressions of Interest
Support Workers – Casual (Aged & Disability) – F200081
$31.32 - $35.45 per hour (inclusive of casual loading)
The Shire of Manjimup is seeking expressions of interest for dedicated support workers to join our friendly team to support individuals to maintain their independence in a community setting.
This role includes:
- Activities relating to personal hygiene and grooming, general household, cleaning, meal preparation and maintenance tasks;
- Assisting individuals to regain skills in everyday activities and / or retain existing skills to their optimal level;
- Transporting individuals to local and out of town medical appointments;
- Activities of interest in the home and local community including active companionship and socialisation. Includes assistance accessing agencies or services related to aged / disabled care;
- Respite support in consumers home;
- Provision of regular reports to the line manager and maintaining active communication regarding changes to individual’s condition, circumstances and service delivery;
- Ensuring that individual records are legible and all appropriate information is documented and filed in a systematic way; and
- Ensuring that consumer confidentiality is maintained at all times;
- Opportunity for respite support shifts in the Manjimup Wellness and Respite Community Centre (may include overnight respite).
To be successful in this role it would be desirable for you to have:
- Certificate III in Individual Support (Disability, Aged Care, Home and Community Care or Community Services) qualification, or commitment to working towards.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively verbally and written.
- Demonstrated ability to work with and provide assistance to individuals from a diverse range of social, financial and cultural backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise work and display time management skills.
- Demonstrated physical fitness to endure prolonged standing and walking activities and the ability to push a wheelchair.
- Commitment to relevant training.
- Fully insured vehicle.
- C Class drivers licence.
- Previous experience in a Community Care environment.
- Experience in supporting older people or people with a disability living in their own homes.
- Current Certificate in Apply First Aid.
- F Endorsement of drivers licence.
For further information, please contact Paula Orr, Human Resources Coordinator by phone (08) 9771 7711 or email email@example.com
You can submit your expression of interest using one of the below methods:
1. Click HERE ONLINE to submit an expression of interest
2. Send your expression of interest and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Post your expression of interest and resume to PO Box 1, Manjimup WA 6258