In this rare opportunity the Shire of Manjimup is seeking a highly efficient and effective individual to undertake the Shire’s accounts payable functions.
This role includes:
- Assist in maintaining Council’s books of accounts, having regard to the appropriate accounting standards and the Local Government accounting requirements.
- Responsible for the provision of Council’s purchasing function, creditors and debtors preparation.
- Provide back up support to the Coordinator Finance and Administration.
- Monitor Grant Funding from collating through to acquittal.
- Ensure all employees are following financial policies and procedures.
- Provide advice on accounts payable issues to management and employees across the shire as required.
- Process payments to all vendors and suppliers.
- Review and enforce accounts payable processes.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- 2 years’ experience in a similar position, preferably in Local Government with exposure to debtors, creditors, payroll and grants.
- Experience in accounts payable procedures with computerised accounts payable systems.
- Knowledge of financial requirements, policies and procedures.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of accrual accounting principles and procedures, GST legislation and EFT processes.
- Efficient and accurate numeracy, keyboard and computer skills, including the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Financial management systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Sound time management and organisation skills.
- Sound working knowledge of Local Government Accounting Standards and Local Government (Financial Management) Regulations 1996 (desirable).
Well what are you waiting for? Jump on to www.manjimup.wa.gov.au for all the information about the position and how to apply. You can also find information on the Shire of Manjimup and the benefits of the local community.
To get further information, including the position description, please contactPaula Orr, Human Resources Manager, by phone (08) 9771 7751 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
You can submit your application using one of the below methods:
1. Click HERE ONLINE to submit an online application
2. Send your application via email to email@example.com
3. Post your application to PO Box 1, Manjimup WA 6258
Closing Date: 5.00pm Wednesday 23 June 2021