The creation of an investment ready town centre location for a high quality business tourism accommodation facility provider, adjacent to the Manjimup Timber and Heritage Park Precinct, involves the following:
- The conversion of Reserve R14809 (currently vested by the State with the Shire for the purpose of "Recreation", pictured below) to freehold title owned by the Shire of Manjimup for the purpose of business tourism;
- The provision of necessary infrastructure and services to make the site "shovel ready" to attract private investment; and
- Surrounding infrastructure such as a conference centre, Manjimup Timber and Heritage Park, South West Energy Experience and proximity to the CBD to support the attraction of investment interest.
The purchase of Jaycees Park is complete. NBN, electricity, sewerage and water connected.Council endorsed the disposal of the accommodation site to Manjimup Investments Pty Ltd at its meeting on 14 November 2019.
Removal of existing park infrastructure is complete.
The development application for the site works has been approved and trees for removal marked.
Dronow Contracting commenced removal of trees on 28 May 2020.
For information on the site please contact:
Chris Geers, Managing Director, MMJ Real Estate (WA) Pty Ltd.
Level 6, 12 St Georges Terrace, Perth WA 6000, Phone 08 9325 5880, or
Chief Executive Officer, Shire of Manjimup.
- The site has been rezoned to 'Town Centre' through Amendment No.3 to the Shire's Local Planning Scheme No.4 (gazetted in November 2013);
- LandCorp is assisting to develop a hotel concept and prepare a business case suitable for testing the market;
- Prospective developers have been in contact with the Shire of Manjimup to express an interest in developing the site; and
- The Valuer General indicated in 2011, when dealing with another matter within close proximity to the site, that the commercial value of vacant land at $100 per m² in the Manjimup Town Centre was appropriate. Based on this value and the further opinion of a private valuer in 2012, the value of the land was equated to $842,000. Consultation with the same private valuer recently has confirmed that a figure of $100m² for large commercial vacant landholdings in the Manjimup Town Centre is still applicable. Irrespective of the final valuation for the site, the Shire of Manjimup commits to the purchase of the vacant land at the applicable price.
The Valuer General has conducted a valuation of the land and title converted to freehold. Utilities providers and contractors were engaged to ensure that the necessary headworks were completed to make the site 'development ready'.
Picture above: Shire of Manjimup Chief Executive Officer Andrew Campbell and Director of Works and Services Michael Leers, showing the accommodation site to the Landcorp board on their visit to the region in August 2015.