The Shire of Manjimup is calling on the community to join us in supporting the WALGA RoadWise Road Ribbon for Road Safety® campaign to shift the thinking on road deaths and serious injuries by making road safety the hero.
Sunday, 18 November marked the first day of the Road Ribbon for Road Safety® campaign, coinciding with World Day of Remembrance for Road Traffic Victims. This community-based campaign provides an opportunity for everyone to directly contribute to road safety and work towards achieving zero deaths and serious injuries on our roads.
Make a conscious effort to be a safe road user by:
- turning off your mobile phone before driving
- adapting your speed to the weather, light, traffic and road conditions
- ensuring you are restrained when travelling in a vehicle
- taking a break, having a rest or if possible, swapping drivers to prevent the onset of fatigue promote local Driver Reviver operations and Coffee Stop participants
- arranging a skipper, organising public transport or staying overnight if planning to drink, and
- accepting that ZERO is achievable
To find out more about our road safety initiatives, visit [organisations website]. For more information about the Road Ribbon for Road Safety® campaign, visit the RoadWise website.