The Shire of Manjimup is providing a hard waste collection in 2019.
This is a free service and is only available to domestic properties which have an existing regular kerbside rubbish bin collection service.
Hard waste is defined as furniture and other household goods.
- Please have your items out at least one week before the collection date in a place on your verge that will not be a danger or an inconvenience to others.
- Please do not put any items out after the Monday start date for collection in your town as it my not be collected and a litter infringement and fine may ensue.
- A maximum of 3 cubic metres (1m x1m x 3m) may be collected per property. Properties with more than 3 cubic metres will have to make private arrangements to have their waste removed. Items longer than 2 metres will not be collected.
- All items collected from verges will be sent either to landfill or to resource recovery.
- Each household's waste items must be placed only their own section of verge, households shall not add their waste to another property's verge area.
- Every waste item remains the property of the household which placed it on the verge until the moment it is collected. If you would like to have a particular item from a verge then you should ask the property owner if you can take it. (Remember reuse is far better than sending an item to landfill!)
|Manjimup, Jardee, Deanmill, Palgarup||Monday 6 May 2019|
|Northcliffe, Windy Harbour, Pemberton, Browns Road, Quinninup, Walpole||Monday 13 May 2019|
The service WILL collect
| ||Old furniture|
|Televisions and stereos|
|Refrigerators and freezers (only with doors removed)|
|Carpet and lino|
|General household hard waste|
The service WILL NOT collect
| ||General domestic waste (food scraps etc)|
|Gas cylinders, other hazardous materials (asbestos, poisons etc)|
|Green waste (lawn clippings or tree limbs)|
|Liquid waste (oils, paints, chemicals etc)|
|Building materials (cement, bricks, rubble, renovation discards, fluorescent light tubes)|
|Crates, pallets, shopping trolleys|
|Vehicle tyres or batteries|