Minimum plan requirements
Please ensure your application is complete to avoid delays. It is essential that the plans submitted to us comply with the BCA. The application for a building permit requires the following;
- One copy of a site plan drawn to a scale of not less than 1:200. The site plan should include contours if available, be fully dimensioned and indicate the proposed setbacks from boundaries;
- One copy of working drawings drawn to a scale of not less than 1:100 including elevations, cross section of building and floor plans;
- One copy of engineer's details signed by the design engineer. These may include, amongst other things, footing and slab information, structural columns and beams information, retaining walls information, site classification reports and specially design features;
- Two copies of specifications;
- The location of hardwired smoke alarms;
- Termite treatment details;
- A completed building permit application form: BA1 or BA2; and
- The application form must indicate the estimated construction value at current market rates and the name and registration number of the builder.
Building work over the value of $20,000 can only be carried out by a registered building contractor or an approved owner builder. The Building Services Board registers builders and grants owner builder approvals under the Building Services (Registration) Act 2011. The Building Commission administers the approvals and process
All fees must be paid at time of lodging the building application.