Hard waste collection
The Shire of Manjimup provides an annual kerbside hard waste collection in residential areas. Hard waste is defined as furniture and other household goods.
This is a free service provided to residents who receive a weekly bin collection. A total of 3 cubic metres (1m x 1m x 3m) may be collected per property. Kerbside hard waste collection occurs in May each year.
Annual Hard Waste Collection 2022
The 2022 hard waste collections commence:
Monday 16 May 2022
Put your items out between 9 and 15 May
Monday 23 May 2022
Put your items out between 16 and 22 May
- Please have your items out on your verge not more than one week before your town's collection start date.
- Please do not put items out after the Monday start date for collection in your town, as it may not be collected, possibly resulting in a litter infringement and fine.
- Please ensure your hardwaste does not obstruct the footpath for pedestrians or lines of site for drivers.
- Each household's items must be placed on their own section of verge; households shall not add their excess waste to another property's verge area.
- A maximum of three cubic metres (1m x 1m x 3m) may be collected per property. Properties with with more than three cubic metres will have to make private arrangements to have their waste removed.
- Items longer than 2m will not be collected.
- Because of the risk of spreading the COVID-19 virus, the removal of any item from vergeside hard waste by a third party is strictly prohibited.
The service will collect:
- Old furniture
- Air conditioners
- Refrigerators and freezers with doors removed
- Other white goods
- General hard waste such as carpet and lino
The service will not collect:
- Green waste (lawn clippings, limbs, etc.)
- Hazardous material, gas cylinders, asbestos
- General domestic waste (food scraps, etc.)
- Liquid waste (oils, paints, poisons, etc.)
- Building materials (cement, bricks, rubble, etc.)
- Commercial crates (milk/bread pallets, shopping trolleys, etc.)
- Items longer than 2 metres
Hard waste should be put out one week prior to the collection start date in your town. Items are to be placed on the front verge of your property in the safest way possible so that it will not be a danger or inconvenience to others. Properties with more than 3 cubic metres will have to make private arrangements to have their waste removed. Do not place any items out after the collection date for your town as it will not be collected and a litter fine may apply.
Please contact the Waste Management Officer on 9771 7777 should you have any questions.