Hard waste collection
The Shire of Manjimup provides an annual kerbside hard waste collection in residential areas. Hard waste is defined as furniture and other household goods.
This is a free service provided to residents who receive a weekly bin collection. A total of 3 cubic metres (1m x 1m x 3m) may be collected per property. Kerbside hard waste collection occurs in May each year.
Annual hard waste collection 2023
The 2023 hard waste collection has been completed.
The dates for the next collection will be available in April 2024.
- Please have your items out on your verge not more than one week before your town's collection start date.
- Please do not put items out after the Monday start date for collection in your town, as it may not be collected, possibly resulting in a litter infringement and fine.
- Please ensure your hardwaste does not obstruct the footpath for pedestrians or lines of site for drivers.
- Each household's items must be placed on their own section of verge; households shall not add their excess waste to another property's verge area.
- A maximum of three cubic metres (1m x 1m x 3m) may be collected per property. Properties with with more than three cubic metres will have to make private arrangements to have their waste removed.
- Items longer than 2m will not be collected.
Under the Shire of Manjimup Waste Local Law 2022:
- hard waste material must not be put on the verge outside of the dates, volumes, dimensions or position specified here;
- hard waste material placed on the verge must not be removed by a person for commercial gain but may be removed by a private person for a private purpose; and
- no person may move, tamper with or disassemble any waste material placed on the verge in any way which may increase the risk of harm to any other person or affect the efficient removal of waste material by the Shire's contractor.
The service will collect:
- Old furniture
- Air conditioners
- Refrigerators and freezers with doors removed
- Other white goods
- General hard waste such as carpet and lino
The service will not collect:
- Green waste (lawn clippings, limbs, etc.)
- Hazardous material, gas cylinders, asbestos
- General domestic waste (food scraps, etc.)
- Liquid waste (oils, paints, poisons, etc.)
- Building materials (cement, bricks, rubble, etc.)
- Commercial crates (milk/bread pallets, shopping trolleys, etc.)
- Items longer than 2 metres
Please contact the Waste Management Officer on 9771 7777 should you have any questions.